Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Put First Things First

Put First Things First
  The first book of self-help I ever read and made a profound impact on me was The seven habits of Highly Effective Τeenagers, by Sean Covey. Sean Covey is the son of Stephen R. Covey, who published in 1989 The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. It has sold more than 25 million copies in 38 languages since first publication. Covey presents an approach to being effective in attaining goals by aligning oneself to what he calls "true north" principles of a character ethic that he presents as universal and timeless. In August 2011, Time listed Seven Habits as one of "The 25 Most Influential Business Management Books".


 That Sean Covey's book, dedicated to teenagers, changed my life for good. It appeared in my life at the perfect time and formed my worldview. It inspired the idea of achieving greatness and personal fulfillment in the younger me and I feel very grateful towards it. 

 This blog also aims to help people help themselves. We live in a time which in many aspects is better than any other time of the past, yet many of us suffer. Why is that so? This question has troubled me over the years and I find the mere idea of someone suffering inhuman. Not only inhuman, but also unnatural. Therefore, I have decided to try and do whatever I can to help people reach their natural state, a state of inner peace and love.


 The first post of my blog, following this one, will be an analysis of the seven habits, as a tribute to the creative mind who helped me open the doors of happiness and let other teachers in. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment